CEBU, Philippines ----- For 5days I had been bordering on 39C fever. It never went down despite medicine. Everytime I'm on a cliffhanger edge of a spiritual drought, I develop high-grade fever. God's will was to continue the fight headstrong. I wanted to waive a white flag due to exhaustion.
Watching today's fight of modern day David and Goliath rekindled my torn and demoralized spirit. Pacquiao, Filipino, weighs 148 lbs and is 5'6" tall. Although he is a crowd favorite, winning 7 world titles, but Margarito (Mexican) has the over-all physical advantage with a towering 5'11" and 165 lbs.
I see myself in Pacquiao. Margarito has arrogantly announced the Filipino gladiator will come home in tears. In the same way that my opponents are beaming with confidence they will win the legal battle. Watching him smashing Margarito was such a wonder! He defies all odds and receives Margarito's lethal punches as if his body is hardened steel. He was hurt but there was never a tiny tinge of give-up look on his face.
I am humbled by the spirit of Pacquiao. His focus is set on winning against all odds. He showed me it is possible to win against giants if I set my heart and spirit on it. I am embarrassed to admit I lacked belief in myself. Thank God for today's eye-opener! Strangely, the fever is gone :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think.
Flaming, discriminating, vulgar, threatening, libelous, slanderous, out-of-context comments and the like shall be removed without prior notice. Let us observe proper web rules and etiquette.
Peace and love. Thank you :-)