CEBU, Philippines ----- Lately
an ex-man called. That's how I label a flame that has long lost its fume.
What I thought to be simple call seeking for career advice and direction turned
astonishingly atypical. He asked me if I can bear him a child. You heard me! Shock is an
understatement!
Using rational wavelength, I decided to treat the conversation matter-of-factly---
void of sarcasm, malice and prejudice. Circumnavigating and using deductive
logic, I counseled a child whom I previously regarded as a man.
A) He is married. That alone should dispel whatever affection he has left, if that
is how he calls it.
B) I never play with fire, so much so with the legally entangled.
THUS: No matter how bizarre the joke may seem, it’s remotely impossible
I’d take the bait.
Dealing
with Filipino men calls for a lot of responsibility. Except for the isolated
few, most have marshmallow egos. One has to sugar-coat a “leave me alone” to a
more subdued “you’re just having marital blues”. It’s
such a blessing to understand Psychology i.e. his behavior and mine included. What good is it to envy your neighbor’s greener grass when there is so much to
cherish in one’s own weeds.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Let me know what you think.
Flaming, discriminating, vulgar, threatening, libelous, slanderous, out-of-context comments and the like shall be removed without prior notice. Let us observe proper web rules and etiquette.
Peace and love. Thank you :-)