Sunday, August 01, 2010

To The Man I Choose To Love and Marry


Dear You, 

I must admit that 10 years ago I publicly proclaimed I do not need you. In a culture where Filipino women wait for their knight-and-shining armor to provide them security, I crafted my own. Impatience was the culprit.

Friends wooed that I entertain you. But overly focused in building my empire, I simply had no time. Your insinuations were sadly placed in a trashed bin. Pride was the culprit. 

Having realized the emptiness of worldly comforts, I felt a thug in my heart that I need you. Yet undecided to give my freedom away, I stayed at my comfort zone. Disobedience to God's will was the culprit.

When yearning for you was finally getting loud-and-clear, I crossed oceans and miles in an effort to find you. I had to prove myself if you were real or a figment of a fairy-tale story. Doubt was the culprit. 

A couple of heartbreaks plus a decade wiser, I finally learned to be patient, humble and obedient. More importantly, I understood how to convey trust and surrender in a careless abandon likened to a child.

I may have already met you, or you may be someone in the near future is something I completely leave to God. After having said all, please be forewarned that I am far from perfect. God has to deal with me first so I would be ready for you.

If I bury my face at your armpits out of fear of heights, if I wear a goofy face from a suppressed humour, if I suddenly turn our home into an operatic theater, or lie unconscious after seeing blood, please be extra considerate. I might drive you slightly crazy with my fixations on dresses, shoes and scents.

I cannot promise you anything except that I will be your best friend i.e. someone whom you can rant after a rough day, a hand you can hold when you are sad, and a confidante whom you can share your awkward moments.

I would play con-ignorant if it would highlight your dominance. I'd know the difference between giving you space and being constantly there to cheer. I'd make you feel like Superman for killing flying roaches. And if I hug you for too long, it is simply because I adore you.

To the man I'm certain who exists, please know that I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. But for now I must wait. With fingers crossed and palms outstretched, I hope you will wait for me too as I wait for God's final blessing.

With love and prayers,
Me
CEBU, Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.

Flaming, discriminating, vulgar, threatening, libelous, slanderous, out-of-context comments and the like shall be removed without prior notice. Let us observe proper web rules and etiquette.

Peace and love. Thank you :-)